The summer transfer window for Europe’s major leagues has closed. However, focusing on January, there are a lot of rumors swirling around who is moving where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest news on rumors, comings and goings, and of course, completed deals!
Important story: Chelsea’s January spending plan
Chelsea have been enjoying a busy summer transfer window and are ready to stay active when January arrives as they aim to improve their midfield, according to reports. Evening Standard.
They failed in a late bid of £50m to sign Southampton Romeo Lavia – who has not joined the Saints for a long time from Manchester City – having already missed Ajax Amsterdam Edson Alvarez After an offer of 40 million pounds.
However, they still haven’t given up further recruitment and Mexico international Alvarez remains their preferred option as they look to reconsider the position in the winter.
There would be encouragement as the 24-year-old told Ajax he wanted to move to Stamford Bridge, although the Eredivisie giants insisted he was unable to leave late out the window.
Chelsea doesn’t stop there. They are also working on signing a 19-year-old attacking midfielder Arsene Zakharian From Dynamo Moscow.
The Blues looked at Zakharian during the summer, but considered it impossible to sign with him due to the sanctions imposed by the West on Russia.
The ongoing invasion of Ukraine has made it difficult to sign players from Russia, limiting the ability to pay transfer fees or for players to move between countries.
Chelsea are ready to work towards a solution in the coming months to see Zakharian join for £12.6m on his release clause.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS and more (US)
08.00 GMT: Former Chelsea and Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa He is due to arrive in the UK on Tuesday for a medical before his proposed free transfer to Wolves, and Daily Telegraph reports.
Wolves lost to the attackers after Sasa Calajdic, who joined in the summer, injured a knee ligament during his debut on Saturday, while Raul Jimenez missed his first two games of the season with a knee injury.
Costa, 33, has been without a club since leaving Atletico Mineiro in January after five months at the club, during which he scored four goals in 15 games and lifted the Brazilian League title.
The Spain international is due to undergo a medical on Wednesday, while Wolves do not expect any problems with him obtaining a work permit in the UK.
Costa previously helped Atlético Madrid to the La Liga title in 2014 before embarking on a successful three-year spell with Chelsea, where he scored 59 goals in 120 appearances in all competitions and won two Premier League titles in 2015 and 2017, as well as the league. Cup in 2015. He left to return to Atlético in 2017 and helped the club to another La Liga title in 2021, but left to return to his native Brazil last summer and join Atletico Mineiro.
Paper Chat (by Danny Lewis)
– Alberto Longi He caught the attention of Inter Milan and Fiorentina after terminating his contract with Perugia, as I mentioned before market transfer. This comes after two years of Juventus’ strong desire to sign the winger and their willingness to make an offer of close to one million euros for the now 19-year-old.
– Lil has confirmed who – which Youssef Yazigi He joined Trabzonspor on loan for the 2022-23 campaign. Yazici joined Trabzonspor Academy before joining Lille in 2019 and the Turkey international spent the second half of last season on loan with CSKA Moscow.
– After his previous report, Fabrizio Romano He now said that the Barcelona midfielder Miralem Pjanic It could fly to the United Arab Emirates on Tuesday. Once there, details of a potential three-year deal will be discussed before Bosnia and Herzegovina internationals sign with Sharjah Football Club.
– Lorient completed a signature Yuan Kathleen from Guingamp. the team He explained that the striker joined Ligue 1 after signing a contract that runs until 2027, while Guingamp received 2.7 million euros with the possibility of 1 million euros in bonuses.