Houston, Texas – The Jackson State theme for 2022 is “Domination!” Coach Deon Sanders announced during the holiday that this is what he did No. 11 Jackson State Rank The team will perform – and so far, he was not wrong.
So why after three weeks of HBCU football, Jackson State took over SWAC?
Coach Prime leads in 15 central offense statistical categories. Defense, and even special teams.
Although high in SWAC, one area of interest nationally will be tertiary transfers with a rate of 42.5%. By comparison, the MEAC North Carolina Central ranks second in the FCS with a pass rate of 69.8%. If the season were to end today, the Tigers would face the Eagles in the celebration bowl.
This stat will be a tricky component of both teams’ defences.
SWAC Tiger Statistical Ranking by 3 Games:
- No. 1 Total Offense (499.0 yards/gram)
- No. 1 Scoring Violation (47.0 points/gram)
- No. 1 Traffic Offense (86/118 passes, 72.9%, 1,021 yards, 11 TD, 340.3 yards/g)
- No. 1 Offensive Efficiency (176.3)
- #1 Total Defense (175.0 yards/g)
- Attack 1 defeat 1 (27.7 1st touch/g)
- No. 1 Third Down Conversions (42.5%)
- No. 1 defense scoring (10 points/g)
- No. 1 pass defense (127.7 yards/g)
- Defensive Competence #1 (68.7)
- Defensive First Losses #1 (12.0 first touch/g)
- #1 in 3rd bottom transfers (20.9%)
- Defensive Bags #1 (14 for 122 yards)
- Game 1 kick off (26 for 1,627 yards)
- t no. 1 baht (18-18, 100%)
- No. 3 defensive interceptions (4 for 41 yards)
Tigers’ FCS stats by 3 matches:
- t no. 2 defensive touchdowns (2)
- No. 2 yards allowed (127.7 yards/gram)
- No. 4 Scoring (47.0 points/g)
- No. 4 Defense Scoring (10 points/g)
- No. 7 pass offense (340.3 yards/gram)
The numbers don’t lie about the state of Jackson. Their performance was at the top level of FCS football.
Confidence = dominance
As reporters Cheddor Sanders and Travis Hunter rallied at SWAC Media Day, the players repeatedly echoed their coach’s announcement – “control.”
It may be too early to call, especially after playing less than a third of the 2022 schedule, but that begs the question. Who Can Prevent Jackson State From Turning The Table In SWAC? CBS analyst Emory Hunt spoke on the same topic with Chip Patterson on the Cover3 Podcast.
Hunt shared that the MEAC team “may be the only test I see for Jackson State because they’re not going to be defeated again. Which means they’re going to win at SWAC and they won’t be able to make the playoffs because they’re going to go to the Celebration Bowl.”
Scroll to continue
I agree with Caesar Playbook in his analysis. Once again, the Jackson State Tigers are unstoppable and have an improved offensive and defensive line to back up the claims. Should Shelo Sanders’ safety return and defensive back Travis Hunter restore his ankle health, the minor has a chance to rise from stellar to elite. Shiloh may take a little longer after an ACL repair.
Overconfidence = problem
Last year, the Tigers ran across the table, won in SWAC, celebrated too early, were overconfident, and were defeated hard by South Carolina State in the Celebration Bowl. Old ball coach Buddy Pough knows how to coach NFL-level talent with guys like Shaquille Darius Leonard and Decobie Durant as his apprentices.
No team is invincible. A good coach with a smart game plan and players who are willing to listen, learn and execute should have a fighting chance to beat the Big Dawgs in SWAC.
Deion Prime will never make the same mistake twice. He and his crew will prepare the team should they win an anchorage to Atlanta in December for a second attempt to lift the Celebration Trophy. Most of all, to be recognized as the 2022 HBCU Football Champions.
How do we stop them???
Difficult defensive play can thwart a Tiger attack – Ask Tennessee State. Relatively speaking, at least two touchdowns were left on the board as a pair of Jackson State stumbled close to the goal lines.
Offense is not a unit of interest to opponents as much as the Tigers’ defense. They allowed 20 out of the 27 Grambling Points scored on Saturday. In all, it baffled the opposition and limited it to 8.7 points per competition over the course of the year.
Offensively, Jackson State put any claims from Florida A&M and Grambling to rest.
So who could realistically challenge Coach Prime’s fierce Tiger squad?
SWAC Games to watch the Jackson State game
The suspects will be unusual Southern Texas, Prairie View, Alabama, and Alcorn.
- The Alabama State Hornets will host the JSU Tigers on October 8.
- Jackson State will travel to Houston and face TSU on November 5th.
- Coach Prime and Coach McNair will face off at The Reservation at Alcorn State at the November 19 season finale.
- 2022 SWAC Championship: Should JSU earn a berth in the 2022 SWAC post-season game, can they revive a fight with Prairie View, or will it be Grambling, UAPB or Southern?
However, right now, barring major injuries, it’s not easy to count on Jackson State to repeat as the Eastern Division champion in SWAC. Strange things can happen.
we will see.