When discussing the match with the Spanish media, the topic of Alphonso Davies’ contact with Ousmane Dembele in the first half was raised. Some people felt Davis could have been evaluated for a penalty on the play – including Hernandez:
Speaking to Cadena SER, he said it was a “penalty kick” – a light penalty – when Dembele was tripped by the Canadian. Former referee Itoraldi Gonzalez explained to Lucas that it was a clear penalty, with the Bayern Munich defender admitting “It was a light penalty, Eto’o” on air.
“You can talk whatever you want, but the result is what it is,” he added, speaking at COPE.
Sure, Hernandez wasn’t apologizing for not calling, but Bayern Munich were out of luck in this case, as that may have turned the tide of the game.
Thomas Muller, Joshua Kimmich, Manuel Neuer and the rest of the German national team will be featured in an Amazon Prime World Cup documentary:
Bayern Munich may have been “desperate” with Jaffe, but the Spanish midfielder appears to be settling on FC Barcelona for his future:
Gavi signs a new contract, here we go, confirmed! The full agreement is now 100% complete with Barcelona. It was completed and sealed after a hack reported last week. #F.C.B
▫️ A new deal valid until June 2026.
The salary will be increased.
Exemption clause: 1 billion euros.
responsible soon. pic.twitter.com/S4utgPzYNf
– Fabrizio Romano September 13, 2022
The match saw a lot of intrigue given the return of Robert Lewandowski to his old stadiums, Bayern Munich’s recent asymmetric form, and pre-arrangement with some players who were not happy with their roles in Bavaria.
None of that matters once both teams hit the pitch and Bayern Munich exited with a 2-0 win over Barcelona.
Let’s break it all down podcast style. This is what we have on tap:
- the summary of the match.
- A look at how Bayern Munich’s performance went from “not great” to “very good” after the first half.
- Why the previous controversies mattered and how Nagelsmann could try to mitigate them moving forward.
- Why Bayern Munich passed its first big test of the season.
- Looking forward to the rematch.
Despite the great efforts that Paris Saint-Germain put in hoping to keep Kylian Mbappe happy,
Kylian Mbappé signed a new contract with Paris Saint-Germain earlier this summer after a lengthy transfer window with the involvement of Paris Saint-Germain. Real Madrid, amid much belief that he will move to the Spanish capital. There was an understanding that Mbappe signed a three-year contract with Paris Saint-Germain, linking him to the club until 2025, but according to new reports, that was not the case. According to L’Equipe, Mbappe has already signed a two-year deal – which runs until 2024 – and the deal has the option to add another year to it, which can only be activated by the player himself. This means that Mbappe could leave the club at the end of the 2023-24 season, and possibly move to Real Madrid, which, by his own admission, is his dream destination.
Real Madrid have not closed the door on signing Mbappe in the future either, and have kept relations mostly positive in case there is a possibility of contracting him at some point in the future. Mbappé’s total package is worth around 450 million euros, including his salary and registration fees, making him the most highly paid footballer on the planet.
Bayern Munich transfer target Konrad Laimer will miss several weeks from Leipzig due to injury:
RB Leipzig will be without midfielder Konrad Laimer for several weeks. The Austrian international who had his best game of the season so far in 3:0 over Dortmund had an injury to his left Syndesmose (upper ankle/joint).
– Derek Rae (@RaeComm) September 13, 2022
Thomas Muller of Bayern Munich and Robert Lewandowski of Barcelona as well Can Best combination in history Standard Champion The duo got a brief cuddle after the Champions League match:
For Lewandowski, the match wasn’t one to remember:
Robert Lewandowski failed to score from seven shots against ex-FC Bayern Munich last night. Only on one occasion in 108 #UCL In the encore he failed to score from further attempts (8 against Celtic in October 2017). An unforgettable night…
WhoScored.com (@WhoScored) September 14, 2022
Stephen Baumgart, FC Köln Director, is unique:
nations…Everton It was too cold, Al Rayyan too hot, would Olympiacos be right?
James Rodriguez has successfully completed his medicals in Greece – so he will soon sign the contract as a new Olympiacos player. ⚪️ #Olympiacos
A loan deal from Al Rayan also includes a purchase option. pic.twitter.com/LNXOYZOWLP
– Fabrizio Romano September 14, 2022
It’s been over a month since the season and Bayern Munich They tied three games in a row. Those matches were awarded only in the German Bundesliga, and were punctuated by victories against Victoria Köln at Bochal and intermilan In the Champions LeagueBut it remains a poor return for a team looking for their eleventh consecutive title. Now, Bayern faces the possibility of a reunion with Robert Lewandowski in the middle of the week, when F.C.B Come visit. Lots to talk about.
In this episode, INNN, Samrin, and Marcus discuss:
- What is behind the terrible level of Bayern in recent times?
- The problem of attacking at the moment – finishing, creating an opportunity, or not having a real striker?
- How do we solve the problem of the front line before facing Barcelona?
- Moving on to the Barcelona match preview – which coach is Xavi?
- How Barcelona can line up and our impressions of their team.
- Aside from Robert Lewandowski, who is the Danger Man on their side? Dembele, Badry, Gavi, and more.
- How can Xavi prepare his midfield to neutralize Thomas Muller.
- Will the fact of Barcelona attack help Bayern Munich attack?
- How will Bayern stop Barcelona’s attack? Should Matthijs de Ligt or Dayot Upamecano start?
- Should Nagelsmann give Goretzka another chance, or should he stay with Marcel Sabitzer?
- Marcus makes an unsuccessful attempt to argue that Gnabry should start before Jamal Musiala’s attack. Is it successful?
- Should we still trust Julian Nagelsmann if he loses to Barcelona in the middle of the week?